not a Beginner or an Intermediate Java/J2EE Developer if you …
- Feel that you can express your thoughts
and emotions much better in XML than in plain English.
- Think that every problem can and should be
solved using entity beans (EJB).
- Get highly impressed and inspired by
abstract product names like “DataStrangulation” or “3TierVacuum”.
- Consider a product to be cool if it has a
large footprint, and involves multiple steps of complicated
configuration, pre-processing, compiling, post-processing, bundling,
deploying, post-configuring, and tuning efforts.
- Don’t need good documentation, intuitive
tools, and working example programs to use a product effectively.
- Prefer writing the following code:
Collection c =
over the following code:
Collection c = query(“myClass”,
“(state=’CA’ OR state=’WA’) AND
(city LIKE ‘San*’)”);
- Write such complex code that after a while
you can’t keep track of what is happening in your business logic and
want another framework to keep track of things for you.
- Can easily
figure out what object(s) you will get with the following caching
- Don’t feel
comfortable using any product without getting its source code even
if it is tens of thousands of lines of code with hardly any
- Believe that only
wimps need product support.
you may sometimes like saving time, energy, and frustration by using
simpler and more practical technologies. Check here.